Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We are home

Annaliese had her tubes placed yesterday and lets just say we have not noticed a difference. So much for hopeful thinking. The doctor said she didnt have an infection when they placed the tubes but had some fluid in there. He said that she would be ornery for a few days while she adjusted to the new "normal" noise level. Apparently she is hearing everything at a whole new level today and she does not like it very much.

The surgery went well. She was given versaid (because of her recent hospital stay, she was not happy about anyone in uniform, who can blame her) and she is funny just like the rest of my kids. She usually is a pretty quiet girl (like her dad) unless she is mad at someone or crying. On the versaid she didnt stop babbling to everyone. She was so talkative it was funny. I dont have a video of her as I could hold her limp body up and take a video (Bryan stayed home to get the boys off to school and watch Owyn). The doctors said that they way they feel on this drug is how they feel while drunk...I am glad we dont drink but at least I know what to expect if they ever experiment with it. Trystan is a funny drunk, Owyn a "I love you man" kinda drunk, and Annaliese is a talkative drunk. From what I see I am only lacking an angry drunk, so I suppose that is what Taylor will be like. Kinda funny to think about. It gives you a whole view of your children. After the surgery they gave Annaliese some morfin ( I still dont know why they did this) but she didnt wake up angry like the boys do. It took her almost 2 hours to wake up from anethesia. She also didnt throw up like Owyn does. Thank goodness. All in all it was a pretty good procedure.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that it went well for her! That is really funny about the drunk thing!

    ReplyDelete